Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A "real" GHD!

September 27, 2011

Well, I am still fighting off this cold. It is making me crazy. I am 99% sure it is not allergies, but I have been taking benadryl before bed and sleeping ok. Last night after a horrible pants shopping experience (does anyone woman actually like pant shopping...) I was left wondering what percentage of women can actually wear a pair of pants off the rack. Not only am I completely in between sizes, but the ones that do actually fit in the legs I could fit an entire second person in the waist band... WTF. Who is shaped like that? Alas... I bought two pairs of pants... one of them I am going to return. I can deal with what I have until I lose a few more inches.

I was fighting staying awake once I got home so I made myself some dinner and was in bed at 8:00. hubs came home at 8:30, we talked for a few seconds and as soon as he went downstairs to make his own dinner I was out like a light. Thank you benadryl.

To my own surprise I was feeling a little better when I got up. Off to the gym I went. I looked at the WOD on my way in and was excited to see that we were getting to use the new GHD's! We had done GHD's before but this time it was on a "real" GHD bench!

This is what one looks like...

AND, this is what you look like (well if you had a kick ass body and were competing in the games) while doing a GHD Situp...


Anyway, long and short of it... I was excited while I was on my way to CFW. I was looking forward to taking on the workout and beating this cold.

I got right into the warmup upon arrival. I am killing the double unders 4 or 5 at a time. This is exciting for me since I have been working on them for a few weeks now! I really want to be able to get 10 in a row... and than some. Hopefully soon! By the end of the warmup I was sweating like crazy. It is unseasonably warm for September... and to be honest, I really like fall weather so its not making me very happy. T arrived and I waited for him to complete his warmup so we could do the skill and WOD together.

K had put a cap on the SDHP (sumo deadlift high pull) of 80lbs for women. I did my first set with 65lbs. It seemed really light. K was stressing that the object of the cap was to not allow us to go to heavy and work on form without risk of injury. I added 10 lbs and did the second set of 5 and finally 10 more lbs for the last two sets. I know 85lbs was over the cap but K said that my form was still good so I just hung out there for the last set. She told me to really stress using the same motions as we use in kettle bell swings. I was really working hard at using my hips and pulling high.

Onto the WOD we went. The squats were cake... I was flying through them, I knew that the next exercise was pushups so I was going to lose time on that one. I also knew that it wouldnt wreck havoc on my legs so I was strategic in the fact that they would have a little rest before the GHD's. Pushups were exactly what I thought they would be like, the first set was awesome, I did 15 real pushups in a row without stopping. Than I ran to the GHD. They feel so different on the actual GHD than the rigged up system we used to use, but it felt awesome.

There were 4 rounds. Round two I lost some speed when I rested in the middle of the push ups again. T was ahead of me by a few pushups... I ran to the GHD and caught up to him at the squats. By round 4 I was tired (this cold is killing me). I couldnt catch up with T so he was a full exercise ahead of me. I wasnt trying to race him, but its kinda cool to have someone with you so you have more drive for the competition of finishing first. Its a different kind of motivation than you feel when your are alone. I banged out the squats and struggled with the push ups. I didnt want to modify them so I continued to do them all "real" even if I had to rest in between. T finished his GHDs as I was heading to the GHD bench... and at 8:31 I was done.

It was a great workout! I wish I had a but better time, but that will come with the push ups... not to mention the nasty cold. I am really trying to sweat it out but right now (since I have been at work for a while) I am feeling pretty horrible. I am hoping another good nights sleep tonight and I will be golden tomorrow. I head home from here at 5:00 (hopefully) and I can be in bed pretty early.

Looking forward to tomorrows ass kickin!

3 Rounds
- 10 Double Unders
- 10 Shoulder Dislocates
- 10 Inchworms
2XBergener Warmup
2 min each leg calf stretch

4 Rounds for Time
- 20 Air Squats to Med Ball
- 15 Push Ups
- 10 GHD Sit Ups
(My time 8:31 Rx)

(65, 75, 85, 85)

6:30am: Post Workout Shake
8:30am: Green Tea
9:30am: Egg Muffins
12:00pm: Salad with Chicken and Oil and Vinegar
3:30pm: Pear
9:00pm: Chicken on Spaghetti Squash with Organic Sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment