Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Feeling "Chipper" Today!

September 20, 2011

Amen for a good nights sleep last night. I was absolutely so best from the weekend and such a short nights sleep on Sunday night I am not sure how I actually functioned through the day. I was doing everything I could to stay awake. I had to stop on the way home for some cauliflower so Hubs could make the Shepard's pie he wanted to make when he got home and a soon as I walked in the door I wanted to crash. Nope... not so much! Three loads of wash, put away the clothes that were washed over the weekend, loaded and unloaded the dishwasher... and finally cooked (eerrrr burnt) my dinner! 8:00 rolled around and I was so tired I said forget it, why fight. Washed my face and was asleep by 8:30-8:45. Dynamite... 8 hours of sleep! Yay!

The 4:45am alarm is early and is going to take some getting used to. I want to make sure that I am up and out of the bed by 5:00am the latest, but I dont want the snooze to go off to many times so it dosent wake up Hubs. I snuck out of bed and was ready for day #2 at the new gym!! The ride there is actually relatively nice... meaning, I get a little more of a chance to wake up and get going.

K was already setting up for the WOD when I arrived and T showed up about 5 minutes into my warmup. After the warmup we got the weights and bars ready for overhead squats. Its pretty awesome that the pull up rack has the squat rack built into it too so we can both set up and workout at the same time. I got started with a warmup set of 35lbs. I wasnt sure where I would be for this one, we did OH Squats on 8/18 but I really dont think I can go by those weights anymore (plus I was so tired leaving work yesterday that I forgot my notebook... oops). The second set and first "real" set for the 3-3-3-3 was with 65lbs.

I knew I was going to be able to get up at least 95lbs for the last set of three. I probably could have gone a little heavier, but this will at least open some room for improvement next time. K told me to start the movement like a back squat, keep my grip pretty wide on the bar and give a little push press to get the weight up. She watched and reminded me to keep a tight core through the exercise and not to over extend my shoulders back and push my chest out. I kept decent form through all 4 sets and felt really good to get the 95... Oh excuse me... 96lbs!

Onto the WOD we went. When I looked at the board I thought this was going to be a long one. I am hoping that the trend dosent continue all the way to 30's on the 30th!! I was excited to try the ring pushups, something we can do now that we have the kick ass pullup bar!! I was also gearing myself up to do 24" box jumps. I have this irrational fear of the simple 4" that separates the two boxes. I was going to do it though!

We got set up and K started the clock. The ring pushups were hard. I have been taking all the pointers from K and M about pushups, but the hard part is... you cant screw you hands into the ground! So, I had to drop to my knees to do the push ups modified. Right out of those into the box jumps. I heard T start the box jumps before me, but I just kept pushing. "Mind over matter." I know if I dont think about it I can clear the 24" box. 20 times... without a break. Felt pretty awesome. Moved right onto the next...

I have been working on my double unders. I am completely convinced that if I keep attempting I will be able to do them. Today... I had a breakthrough. I did 5 in a row 4 times to complete my 20! It was so exciting, but I didnt have time to celebrate (till after). I had to concentrate on the jumps and I needed three little jumps between the double unders. But I was doing it! After double unders right down into abmat situps. K was pushing us both along and reminded us to touch the ground behind our heads. Walking lunges were next. I took the steps as long as I could get them. I could really feel my hamstrings and quads from thrusters yesterday.

Finally, we were onto the push presses. I picked that bar right up and went for it. Pressed out 10 right off the bat with K yelling for me to tighten my core, use a little push with the legs and not to quit. I didnt put the weight down but took 2 breaths and thought "all I have is 10 more, I can do this, dont stop." Pushed out 4 more and dropped it. One breath I picked it back up agian and killed the last 6 without rest. It felt so good...

I am feeling like I am improving in my cardio for sure. There are of course things that still make me more winded than others but I am not breathing as heavily after every WOD like I was. I have become a little more hard headed in these 6 weeks and will push myself more than ever before to finish things without resting... and challenging my weights.

I am looking forward to things getting even BETTER!!

Row 500m
2X Bergner
10 Inchworms
10 Spidermans
Row 500m

20's on the 20th
"Chipper" for Time
- 20 Ring Pushups
- 20 Box Jumps (24")
- 20 Double Unders
- 20 Abmat Situps
- 20 Walking Lunges
- 20 Push Press (65lbs)
(My time 6:33 almost all Rx except the pushups)

Overhead Squats 3-3-3-3
65lbs, 76lbs, 85lbs, 96lbs

6:30am: Post workout protein shake
7:30am: Banana
8:30am: Green Tea
10:00am: Two egg muffins
1:00pm: Paleo Shepards Pie
4:30pm: Pear
7:00pm: Lara Bar
11:30pm: Protein Shake with 10 Oz Organic Whole Milk

1 comment:

  1. Damn you are getting stronger and stronger!!! Keep it up woman!!!